What's the cheapest way to setup Linux box?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Dec 11 12:17:47 MST 2013

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:56:17 -0700
Levi Pearson <levipearson at gmail.com> wrote:

> To restate my point a bit more clearly, buying a refurbished top-spec
> machine with a bunch of noisy fans for a low up-front purchase price
> means that you've probably bought a power-hog of a machine and over
> its remaining lifetime the power budget is likely to play a
> significant part in its ownership costs.

I agree with your analysis, but will take it a step further. You are not
the only person in the world to make it. I suspect the market has
already discounted the discounted future cost of power to run the
things.

In a sense, buying cheap power hog equipment is a bet that fracking and
coal will continue to be legal.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV