What's your favorite distro, and why?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 10:12:13 MST 2013

On 12/05/2013 11:11 PM, Tod Hansmann wrote:
> Arch ... [seems to have] a more promising community.  They at least
> don't bite your head off for bug reports.

In general I've found Fedora's community to be friendly in this way as
well.  At least on the forum.  And same with Mint, again on their forums.

IRC is another story, sadly, for just about any community (except
#utah!). IRC seems to attract certain types of people who dominate the
channels and love to dispense RTFM-style advise to all the "newbies"
without even really understanding the question.  I've certainly had
extremely negative and unhelpful experiences with #asterisk and #mint.