What's your favorite distro, and why?

John D Jones III unixgeek1972 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 18:28:34 MST 2013

On 12/04/13 23:59, Dan Egli wrote:

> What attitude are you referring to, may I ask? I'm lost on this. :)

I was afraid you were going to request elaboration here... Attitude
probably isn't the right term... I used Gentoo for about a year and I
guess it's more the community, the attitude of the community tends to
lean into the product for me... but a few times when I updated my
system, something critical went wrong, and it took days to 'recompile'
things, and inevitably I ended up with 300 new packages getting
installed, and critical things, like Firefox/Thunderbird would still
require more effort to get working... I just got burned out on the feel
of Gentoo, it's like it hated me personally for calling it's baby ugly
or something, lol.... I guess that's what I meant by 'attitude'...

--
Thanks,
John D Jones III
unixgeek1972 at gmail.com