What's your favorite distro, and why?

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 14:59:17 MST 2013

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 6:59 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would agree modern distros are getting quite bloated, as the kitchen
> sink goes in permanently because someone expects it even if I don't need
> one.  But I live with it (mediocrity at its best).

This is the primary reason I used Arch while I still made my living
with a Linux box. Gentoo is great, but for a work machine where I need
to be doing actual work instead of building stuff all the time Arch
was the best (for me) way to get only what I wanted with minimal
dependencies and no kitchen sink.

--
Alex Esplin