What's your favorite distro, and why?

Dan Egli ddavidegli at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 23:56:07 MST 2013

On December 3, 2013, Levi Pearson wrote:

> If I was going to spend a bunch of time installing and learning a new

> distro, I'd try out NixOS (http://nixos.org/) which has my favorite

> concept of all the distributions. It treats package managment and

> configuration as part of the same system,

That sounds rather bizzare to me. But maybe I'm misunderstanding you on
that. I'll look over the site a bit, but perhaps you can explain better how
this package managment and configuration works combined?

Out of curosity, if it's a distribution of Linux, why are they calling it
something else (NixOS vs. Nix Linux)? Or, is it not so much Linux as a *NIX
O/S? That's what I'd guess from the name, but I could be wrong.

--- Dan