What's your favorite distro, and why?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 17:18:59 MST 2013

On 12/03/2013 11:10 AM, Lonnie Olson wrote:
> * Mint
> - Ugly, old, backwards UI choices

Sounds like a plus in my book.  Although Mint may be the distro
developing Cinnamon and Mate, the big distros now support them both out
of the box. Fedora for sure has them both.

Despite the age of the core technologies, Mate+Compiz work best for me.
 And Mate can live alongside Gnome 3 and Cinnamon, so I'm not giving up
anything. I still use some Gnome 3 apps.

Cinnamon is okay, but I like the customizations I have made in Compiz,
and I have to have a pager that shows at least window outlines like
Mate/Gnome2 does.  I've tried to put in a feature request to Cinnamon
for the pager thing, but they didn't seem to understand just what I was
getting at.  Ahh well.  If anyone knows an extension that can give me
this feature, I would very much like to know about it.