Limited account/kiosk mode in Fedora 18

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Thu Aug 22 08:17:23 MDT 2013

My kids' accounts on their computer are time limited using timekpr.  It's
pretty much their youtube and minecraft time, so I don't see that changing
much.  But what I would like to do is set up an account (or accounts) that
have longer or no time limits (that part I've got covered) but that only
are allowed to run processing, or squeak, or spe or even eclipse.

My experience is that sabayon is unmaintained and doesn't work any more.
Is there any other desktop that can be locked down to only allow users to
run certain programs, or any way to do that in GNOME lately?

Thanks,
Barry