Wireless USB

Jim Wright jwright at perelson.com
Thu Aug 8 11:51:50 MDT 2013

Thanks Gabe.  Good information.

Connect with me on Linkedin

Jim Wright
jwright at perelson.com
Prince, Perelson
Technical Recruiter
801-365-0407

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.org [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org] On Behalf Of Gabriel Gunderson
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 7:59 PM
To: Provo Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: Wireless USB

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Jim Wright <jwright at perelson.com> wrote:
> I need a way to eliminate the cable in an effort to track more dynamic human movements. I prefer for the software to not know the difference between the current wired configuration and an eventual wireless option.

Just another comment on this... the trick to your software "not know[ing] the difference between the current wired configuration and an eventual wireless option" would really be a function of how you write your app, not really the underlying technologies used to shuffle bits around. Make sure you have a good abstraction layer in there and be strict about using it. You'll be glad you did :)

Again, happy hacking!

Best,
Gabe

/*