IDS Appliance Recommendations

Jacob Albretsen jakea at xmission.com
Tue Aug 6 11:39:24 MDT 2013

PLUG,

A PCI compliance company which will remain nameless decided to EOL a IDS
Appliance under my feet while simultaneously not producing a replacement
product that has the same functionality.   Now I need to find another solution.
The appliance served as both an IDS (all incoming traffic was passed through it)
as well as doing our quarterly internal vulnerability scans.

I am looking for recommendations for a product that can give me this kind of
functionality.  A real nice feature (not sure if it exists) would be that even
if the appliance is off or rebooting, traffic is still passed through it to the
rest of network.

Thanks,

- Jake