OT: Website Needs

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Mon Apr 29 10:26:51 MDT 2013

Is there a way to tie google docs into a personal website? Without creating
individual links? This man has thousands of documents already, and they are in
Google Docs, but he wants his own web site that he can send someone to with his
name on it. I'll have to look up the Google Drive API and see if they allow accessing
the data from external sites. That would sure be cool and make it easy!

Any pointers by someone who's done that?

Thanks!
Nathan

On Monday, April 29, 2013 09:50:46 Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> On 26 Apr 2013, at 16:36, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 04/26/2013 04:00 PM, Nathan England wrote:
> >> I have a friend who writes articles and has several hundred word
> >> documents that he has accumulated over the years. He wants to put the
> >> articles on a website where others can easily download them.
> >>
> >> Naturally I would like to be able to search the documents, but he doesn't
> >> care about that. He wants them listed in categories or folders and easy
> >> to navigate.
> >>
> >> Short of a regular page with  a link to a php directory listing of his
> >> folders and files, can you offer any suggestions?
> >
> > Perhaps Google Docs would act as a good repository for his documents.
> > He can create a page that links to them, or offer a whole folder for
> > browsing and searching, all within Google Docs.
>
> Google Docs is also my suggestion.

Regards,

Nathan England