Streaming MP3s from Debian Squeeze

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sun Apr 28 16:36:08 MDT 2013

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 09:49:33 -0600
Matt Melvin <rage_311 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like this IS the case after all.  According to this Debian
> bug report (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=559933),
> it has been fixed in newer versions of Debian/MPD.  Take a look at the
> bug report for more info.  I got there by googling "mpd couldn't find
> shout encoder mp3 plugin" and there were many more related links that
> looked helpful.

Thank you. Good detective work. The version with MP3 support is not in
backports, so I would have to compile from source. I'd rather defer
that exercise.

I did find this:
http://www.tuxradar.com/content/how-set-your-own-linux-media-server I
used the ezstream setup. So far, a proof of concept installation is
hard at work on my laptop. That's farther than I've gotten before.

Now to copy the whole mess onto the final server and get that running
on my network.

Thanks to all who helped.