Utopia talking points?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 23:12:02 MDT 2013

Does anyone know where I could find a copy of the original talking points
document that Utopia used to have a few years back?  It mentioned things
like increased access to educational opportunities, telemedicine
applications etc?

I'd like to review it for a presentation I'll be making in a week or two.
The federal government (in Ecuador) has taken an interest in the community
broadband project out here and wants me to talk to them about the
possibility of expanding something like it nationwide.

Also does anyone know what the optimum run length of fiber (single mode)
without repeaters is and if there is any advantage to a long run of fiber
vs using microwaves?

The general idea here is to connect various small parishes (mapleton sized
towns) along an area that population wise looks a lot like the I15
corridor.  Think about what it would take technology wise to put beaver,
fillmore and all those other little towns onto Utopia.

Thanks!