Open Source CAD recommendations for network planning?

Paul Seamons paul at seamons.com
Fri Apr 26 20:33:25 MDT 2013

The only viable one right now is librecad (fork of qcad).  But even
librecad is rather poor in interface.  Anything else costs money or is
really lacking features.

About 10 years or more ago I started to write a real replacement for CAD
on linux.  I made it a little ways - then life got in the way, and work,
and lack of a good toolkit binding supporting 3D in my language of
choice (toolkits have improved since then but only a little).  I'm still
planning to write one - and it will be great - it just might take
another 10 years.  I'm still amazed that there isn't anything really
worth it in this area.

Paul