Another ISP thread...

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Wed Apr 24 09:23:20 MDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Tod Hansmann <plug.org at todandlorna.com> wrote:
>  This is in contrast to their business fiber, which
> can be a bit wonky (you get a /30 that you don't pay for as a
> "management" subnet and your /29 or whatever is routed to your
> management IP.  Odd, but it works great thus far.)

This style of delivery is not wonky at all.  It's standard for most
types of dedicated connections: T1, DS3, Metro Ethernet, etc.
It's been this way for decades.  The /30 is for the link between your
router and the ISP, and your own granted subnet is for another
interface on your router, the local side.

The only Comcast product I would not recommend is any of their
Ethernet over Coax stuff, used for maintaining a private link between
a fiber site and a coax site.  That is still slightly buggy.  But
their other stuff: normal business coax, fiber internet, or fiber
private lines are all good.