[OT] Google Fiber (probably) coming to Provo

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Wed Apr 17 19:31:09 MDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-17 at 14:54 -0600, Merrill Oveson wrote:
> I hope they buy utopia.  I'm not happy that Orem raised my taxes to pay for
> their utter mismanagement of this horrible business model.
> I'm of the opinion that cities need to be cities and not dabble in owning
> businesses.

Preach it brother!

Someday we will be freed from the yoke of expensive water and sewer
bills. Someday I'll have the privilege of paying a toll as I pull out of
my driveway. My heart weeps when I look at the mismanagement that
surrounds me. Why should I have only one choice of fire department? Why
should I pay for the police officer responding to my neighbors call for
help? It's tyranny! Stupid, wasteful, mismanaged, tyranny!