[OT] Google Fiber (probably) coming to Provo

Daniel Fussell dfussell at byu.edu
Wed Apr 17 18:17:46 MDT 2013

On 04/17/2013 02:54 PM, Merrill Oveson wrote:
> I hope they buy utopia.  I'm not happy that Orem raised my taxes to pay for
> their utter mismanagement of this horrible business model.
> I'm of the opinion that cities need to be cities and not dabble in owning
> businesses.
I have Spanish Fork Community Network.  I was disappointed when I moved
down here that it wasn't Utopia, but as it turns out SFCN has been great
to work with.  Their service and speeds has been better than the Comcast
johnny-come-lately, and no endless levels of bureaucracy.

> Bad things can happen... like if a business is struggling that business has
> to make changes, one of which is go out of business.
Most of the time, that's probably true.

;-Daniel Fussell