[OT] Google Fiber (probably) coming to Provo

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Wed Apr 17 15:16:32 MDT 2013

I can see that.  But maybe the Google/iProvo deal will push the
competition in the nearby Utopia system to lower prices, raise speeds,
etc.  I don't know what bandwidth the current Utopia hardware can
handle, eg. if it could get to gigabit speeds or not, so it may not even
make sense for Google to even try to be an ISP on Utopia.  But the
market forces of a nearby gigabit ISP will probably have an effect.

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab
Brigham Young University