[OT] Google Fiber (probably) coming to Provo

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 14:54:20 MDT 2013

I hope they buy utopia.  I'm not happy that Orem raised my taxes to pay for
their utter mismanagement of this horrible business model.
I'm of the opinion that cities need to be cities and not dabble in owning
businesses.
Bad things can happen... like if a business is struggling that business has
to make changes, one of which is go out of business.
Now if a city owns a business and the business can't make it, the city
raises taxes - which is exactly what Orem did - and that costs me money.
- and that makes me poor and angry - especially I'm having to pay for
something that I don't even want much less use.