Apache died???

Doran L. Barton fozz at hypermoo.com
Tue Apr 9 09:37:56 MDT 2013

On Tuesday, April 09, 2013 10:18:02 AM S. Dale Morrey wrote:
> I've checked with netstat and nothing is bound to port 80 or 8080 or 8081,
> so I really don't know what it's problem is.

I have to wonder if this is an SELinux issue. Run '/usr/sbin/setenforce 0' and
try starting the httpd service again. If it works, then you need to tweak the
SELinux rules so that it can bind to that port. A quick googling tells us the
way to do this is as follows:

	semanage port -a -t http_port_t -p tcp 8081

To see the ports allowed for Apache (the http_port_t context):

	semanage port -l | grep -w http_port_t

Hope that helps.

--
Doran L. Barton <fozz at hypermoo.com> - Linux, Perl, Web, good fun, and more!
 "This tastiness can not be carried even by both hands."