Home storage solution

Alan Evans alanwevans at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 20:43:03 MDT 2013

I would say if you are DIY inclined RAID + LVM for near term, but if this
is for your wife's photography business I would add another layer.  Either
an external drive (though that requires manual intervention) or cloud
backup.

Deja Dup that comes w/ gnome is built on duplicity (works w/o Deja Dupe
also) and it has plugins for Amazon and Rackspace for "cloud" storage but
also has SSH, FTP and WebDAV which gives you another range of "cloud" or at
least off site backup.

It does not require the cooperation of the storage backend, it uses
librsync and does its own encryption w/ GnuPG.

HTH,
-Alan