Home storage solution

Jessie A. Morris jessie at jessieamorris.com
Sun Apr 7 20:21:53 MDT 2013

A combination of LVM and mdadm? Thaut should allow you to do raid 0, 1, 4, 5, 6, or 10. Either that or a Drobo. Less than $1,000 for a whole solution (minus drives).

Probably I'd stay away from cloud stuff except for backups. Latency and bandwidth can be a pain when dealing with large amounts of high resolution photos. Mostly this depends on your internet connections and the exact things you'll be using it for. Streaming video from the cloud, for example, doesn't seem to work as flawlessly as locally.
--
Jessie A. Morris
801-210-1526
jessie at jessieamorris.com