Using usb 2.0 devices in KVM guest?

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Fri Apr 5 23:58:32 MDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to add usb 2.0 devices from the host into kvm guests?
> And even better, can it be done via libvirt/virt-manager?  Baring that,
> is there some command-line magic to make it happen?  Running CentOS6 here.
>
> Anyone with experience in this?

I've have a foggy memory of doing this once. I don't remember the
details, but I do remember it causing kernel panics. This was with
Ubuntu and an external USB drive. So, my impression at the time was
that it was doable but not very stable. YMMV.

Sorry I don't have more details. I'm getting old and the memory isn't
what it used to be.

Please let us know if you have better luck.

Gabe