Noob question, but a good one. (It's actually Linux related!)

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 21:10:24 MDT 2013

On 04/05/2013 07:47 PM, S. Dale Morrey wrote:
> Yeah that's not going to happen.  This is a public, customer facing
> asterisk box for a use case that exists for the sole purpose of bypassing
> the incumbent telco's exchange to provide discount calling.  I'm
> essentially helping them to roll their own telco.

Dale, have you considered FreePBX?  It's a complete web-based system
that manages Asterisk for you.  They've already solved this problem of
yours.  Not sure if it's available to add onto Ubuntu, though.  They
usually have their own distro (and repos) based on CentOS.  One big
downside to FreePBX is that you can't just tweak the config files
directly as FreePBX generates them.