Noob question, but a good one. (It's actually Linux related!)

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 18:06:36 MDT 2013

Hey Pluggers,

I've got a quick best practices question for you.

I have asterisk installed and running as the asterisk user and apache
installed and running as the apache user.

I've got a new web interface that needs to execute some scripts to modify
asterisk dialplans, tell asterisk to reload itself, etc.

Would it be best to add asterisk to the apache group, apache to the
asterisk group, both of the above or something else?

Thanks!