Best practices for packaging?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 21:24:29 MDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM, S. Dale Morrey <sdalemorrey at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > So here I am back to Asterisk.
>
> What happened?
>

> Gabe

It just comes down to feature set and language barrier / cultural issues.
I'm creating a service to sort of do an end-run around the local phone
company.  I'm doing it in a rural area in Ecuador.  The highly technical
people out here are smart, but lacking in technical skill and opportunities
to gain skill are sort of rare.  Language is also a huge issue.  There was
only 1 Freeswitch front end I could find that a Spanish translation an even
that was only a partial translation (80%).

On the other hand there are many, many asterisk front ends in Spanish.
This reduces the learning curve.quite a bit.  I like it here, but to me
this particular system is just one more in a long line of projects.  I need
to ensure that when I do leave the area, that the locals will be able to
administer it themselves.