Fedora 18 console screen res, help me understand systemd

Dan Egli ddavidegli at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 01:57:19 MDT 2013

*On March 28, 2013,  levipearson at gmail.com wrote:*

* *

*> Anyway, systemd has nothing to do with making life easier for new users.
It aims to make life better for sysadmins, > though admittedly not the ones
who are set in their ways and can't be bothered to learn new things. It's a
little more*

*> opaque than a script-based init system, but not much more once you are
familiar with it. In return, it offers speed, *

*> security, and resource usage improvements over other init systems.*

* *

*Interesting idea. Anyone happen to know if Gentoo is rolling over to this?
Once I get to the point where I can rebuild that ailing home server I
mentioned before I'd prefer Gentoo. However I'm very familiar with the old
init script system and if Gentoo is using (or will use) systemd then
perhaps I best spend some time boning up on it first. :)*

* *

*--- Dan*