Durable Solid State Storage?

Robert G. Paxman rpaxman at byu.edu
Thu Sep 27 08:53:42 MDT 2012

On 9/26/12 1:01 PM, S. Dale Morrey wrote:
> Ok it's happened, I've lost my thumb drive off my keys for the 10th time.
> I don't understand why the keychain connector isn't more durable on
> these things but frankly it's upsetting to be running some sneakernet
> and find out your thumbdrive fell off in transit,never to be seen from
> again.
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a well thought out, durable
> thumbdrive solution?

Have you looked at the Kingston Metal USB drives?  They do not have a
cap to loose, and the metal ring makes it easy to attach to a keyring or
neck lanyard.  BUY.COM has the 8GB one on sale right now:

"There's right and there's wrong. You get to do one or the other" - John

Robert G. Paxman
Academic System Administrator
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602