Durable Solid State Storage?

Alan Evans alanwevans at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 14:03:43 MDT 2012

I think a pocket, especially with keys, pocket lint, dust, dirt and
sand, is an especially abusive place for a thumb drive.  There are
though devices out there that are rugged for this.  Though they are
more cumbersome than I would like typically.

I have known others to carry thin PCB style thumb drives in their
wallets.  Or I have seen thumb drives that store in what look like
double or triple thick credit cards in their wallets.

Some links.  Some old, but they might provide inspiration or direction.
http://techcrunch.com/2011/03/28/roundup-rugged-flash-drives/
http://www.engadget.com/tag/rugged,flash+drive

Also Victorinox makes a Swiss Army Knife with USB thumb drive in it.
http://www.swissarmy.com/us/content/search?searchterm=usb
http://www.swissknivesexpress.com/swissmemory.html

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread.  I have wanted to find a
decent device that balances durability w/ usability and storage
space...

Regards,
-Alan