[OT] For a friend - Windows sysadmin skillz.

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 07:40:21 MDT 2012

On 09/19/2012 04:52 PM, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> Let's say I have a friend that has some Python code that he need to
> run as a proper Windows service. He's got it pretty well cobbled
> together, but it's clear that some domain expertise should be brought
> to bear on the current solution.

Simply implementing a service in python is pretty easy.  Google has lots
of examples, for example,

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/576451-how-to-create-a-windows-service-in-python/

Permissions can be a bit tricky, but not so much.  Services usually run
as "SYSTEM."  However you can use the services mmc snap-in to make a
service run as any arbitrary user.