[OT] For a friend - Windows sysadmin skillz.

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Sep 19 16:52:03 MDT 2012

Plug,

Let's say I have a friend that has some Python code that he need to
run as a proper Windows service. He's got it pretty well cobbled
together, but it's clear that some domain expertise should be brought
to bear on the current solution.

Are you a Windows guru? Or, more likely, do you have a friend that is?
This a paying gig that will likely be 10 to 20 hours and have a few
additional hours here or there. The pay will be right. I know, because
the right applicant will name their compensation and my friend will
happily pay it.

Knowing Python, py2exe, cxfreeze, PyInstaller and innodb are nice, but
not needed.

What *is* needed is a FIRM understanding of Windows users,
permissions, and proper administration. And no, writing a macro for MS
Excel back in Junior High doesn't qualify you ;)

Let me know if you're available. Given the sensitive nature of the
request, I understand if you (or your friend) would like to contact me
off-list.

Thanks,
Gabe