My startup: Crossies.com

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 17:26:50 MDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM, John Fenley <pontifier at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a bunch, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone here.

I don't think you actually offended anyone.  We all just like to
grumble.  We're like a bunch of geriatric patients complaining about
the pain all down our left sides and yelling at kids to get off our
lawn.

Well, I'll tell ya the truth - these guys never did fight in the Great
War.  Jonathan was off at college and Dale Morrey's dad was friends
with a senator so he went to Hawaii for the duration.  Me, though -
oh, I could tell you a tale that'd put hair on your chest and then
turn it white.  See here?  Look at this scar.  I got that one when
Charlie came creepin' in through my foxhole.  That was just before I
drove my Stryker down the hill at Normandy.  And my back hurts every
time the weather's changing.  That's thanks to the Krauts I fought off
- twenty of them, singlehandedly - in the sands of Agincourt.  They
liked to fight beside their women, and when I finished strangling the
last one with his own entrails, well... let's just say I wouldn't be
surprised if there are a few Filipinos walking around today with my
eyes.

Don't let those other folks scare you none, they never seen a day of
hard work if it bit 'em in the knee.  Me though, I'm the genuine
article.  Never told a tall tale in my life.  Me you can trust.

-Dan