My startup: Crossies.com

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Tue Sep 18 12:06:11 MDT 2012

On 18 Sep 2012, at 11:35, John Fenley wrote:

> I realize that the model I'm going for is 99.99% likely to be sued. The RIAA and MPAA sue everyone.
> That doesn't scare me because I believe that the service I am trying to provide is a direct expression of fair use.
> I'm trying to protect our right to do what we want with what we own.
> I hope that I can build a site that is easy to use, and then you will be able to make an informed judgment about it's value.
>
> If you don't hate what I'm building, and want to help give me a chance to build it, you can go to this page and vote for Crossies.com
> http://www.saltvalleytally.com/campaign/detail/260

I hope it works.  I have been looking for a service like this for many years.  Sites like Netflix have only been a partial answer.  They could be so great, if the RIAA, MPAA, and others would just get out of the way of letting people give money to media producers instead of punishing people for enjoying their products.

Jonathan