[JOB] MySQL Help - Small Consulting Project

Ken Snyder kendsnyder at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 16:58:10 MDT 2012

We need a MySQL guru for a small consulting project to help us improve
database performance. The work would include:

   - Identify configuration settings that would optimize performance
   - Identify columns that need indexes
   - Assess whether our current load deserves better hardware or a separate
   database server
   - Assess whether the application could benefit from memcache or other
   caching solutions
   - Find any other bottlenecks

To give some perspective on the app size, MySQL reports an average of 4.5
queries per second, a total database size of 3.6GB, and a breakdown of
query types of Select=56%, Insert=13%, Update=8%.

If you are interested or know someone who would be interested in this
project, please contact me via phone or email.

Ken Snyder
ken at rightintel.com