My startup: Crossies.com

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 10:27:56 MDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Ryan Byrd <ryanbyrd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, he posted a spammy off-topic post and perhaps his business will fail
> and perhaps we should form a mob, chant "kill the beast" and chase him out
> of town.

I don't begrudge him the post at all.  He's putting himself out there,
asking for advice, looking for help wherever he can find it.
Unfortunately the honest advice he's received isn't what he wanted,
but the man has hustle and I admire him for it.  Like I said, I hope
he takes this as a learning experience and does correspondingly better
on his next business venture.

> I agree physical media is dying, but there is surely money to be made
> during that demise.

Good point.  One of the critical character traits of a business
founder (as identified by Yanev Suissa, a Venture Fellow at NEA who
spoke at a business class I took) is the ability to "pivot" - to
change direction when new information or perspectives become
available.  Our OP might not be headed in the perfect direction now
(it would be surprising if he was, since that would mean he picked the
perfect strategy right out the gate) but if he can adjust fire he
might be able to make this work.

-Dan