My startup: Crossies.com

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Sun Sep 16 22:22:28 MDT 2012

On Sep 16, 2012, at 9:46 PM, Daniel C. wrote:

> Why would ANYONE in their right mind pay you to lower the quality of
> entertainment and make it slower to access?

Yes, it will fail, but not for the reasons you cite. Instead, it will fail for an entirely different reason:

Physical entertainment media is dying.

Soon there will be no DVDs, CDs, or even Blu-Ray disks. There will only be data you *purchased* from online stores (e.g., iTunes, who hold it for you anyway), and *data* you rented from online stores (e.g., Netflix, who hold it for you anyway).

I'm talking only about entertainment media here.

That's my personal prediction with nothing but a feeling in my entrails to back it up.

Best of luck!

--Dave