Want to sell me your comcast modem?

Jeff Schroeder jeff at zingstudios.com
Fri Sep 14 22:21:31 MDT 2012

AJ:

> Anybody have a comcast modem that's good enough for 30mbps or so that
> you'd like to sell?

I have a Motorola SURFboard cable modem that I bought on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M3SHXA/

It's pretty much brand-new... I opened the box, plugged it into my Comcast
cable, and found out that it doesn't work for static IP addresses.
Apparently Comcast won't allow third-party modems on static addresses, but
this device will work just fine for any DHCP-driven connection.

If you're interested, let me know.  It cost me $55 and I'd be willing to
sell it to you for, say, $40 plus shipping.

Jeff