network problem

Steve Alligood steve at betterlinux.com
Fri Sep 14 15:46:54 MDT 2012

That would be your error rate getting involved.

Small tcp transactions would still have errors, but not enough to completely kill the session before it's done, whereas larger transactions (ftp, etc) that want to keep talking will fail as the error rate exceeds the thresholds and the session drops.  The same problem can manifest as customers that can send email, but not email with attachments.

-Steve