Watermarking a java source file?

Andy Bradford amb-plugg at bradfords.org
Thu Sep 13 22:33:25 MDT 2012

Thus said "S. Dale Morrey" on Thu, 13 Sep 2012 22:26:21 MDT:

> It's b, sorry if I wasn't clear.  I'm giving some files to someone for
> review. I  don't want these  to become distributed since  they contain
> secret sauce recipes and  if they leak I want to be  able to blame the
> correct person.

Automatically  generate every  piece of  your code.  The function  names
should be generated  as well as variable names. Make  the function names
look non-random. Then, give out  a different, randomly generated copy of
the code to  the various parties and keep track  of which party received
which randomly generated version of the code.

Would this work?

Andy