network problem

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 20:29:05 MDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Merrill Oveson <moveson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Scott Edwards <supadupa at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Any power related events? A small hit may affect something like a switch
> > before a PC, if the switch is powered by a wall wart/brick.  Even a small
> > UPS should keep it afloat. I may of missed it in the last email or two,
> but
> > what's the make and model of the switch?
> >

> Remember the thunder storm a week or two ago?
> It seems we've had problems since then.

I just had a cheap switch go bad, too.  Seems to be intermittent, but as
there's only one machine hooked into it at the moment, I just took the
switch out of the loop.  As low port count unmanaged gigabit switches are
pretty much commodity silicon now, I think I'm going to replace it with one
of these:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=105&cp_id=10521&cs_id=1052104&p_id=7857

Monoprice is awesome. :)

       --Levi