Standalone Cable TV Tuner?

Chris Wood chris at tincreek.com
Mon Sep 10 15:33:48 MDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:55 AM, AJ ONeal <coolaj86 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to hook up Cable TV to my projector (VGA / RCA / HDMI) and audio out
> to my speakers.
>
> A) Is cheap cable still analog?
> (comcast is provided "for free" by my apartment complex)
>
> B) Any recommendations on a standalone tuner?

A have analog cable feed from comcast -- the cheapest smallest package they
have.  It is analog and quite ugly with only three useful channels, but it
meets my needs.

The most flexible standalone tuner is the HDHomeRun which has dual tuners
and is accessible across the network.  It works with Mythtv, Windows media
center, etc.  I don't have one, so my advice is just from reading up on it
-- no idea if it will work for what you want to do.