Maybe slightly better than a stick in the eye?

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Wed Oct 31 21:42:22 MDT 2012

On Oct 31, 2012, at 9:14 PM, Thomas S Hatch wrote:

>> That's some good advice since we know Stuart to be one of the foremost
> experts on misery!

With endorsements like this, how could you stay home? Really.

Here is a list of things that would be worse than coming to see me present:

1. Being trampled by a rhinoceros.
2. Dissecting a plague-infected cow carcass without tools.
3. Watching a 4th presidential debate.
4. Sanding your elbows with 50 grit paper.
5. Working retail on Black Friday.
6. Eating reheated Denny's leftovers.
7. Watching paint dry (this one is borderline).
8. Mowing your lawn with scissors.
9. Sitting at home eating dinner like an idiot when there is a free dinner awaiting you at the UtahJS meeting.
10. Using Emacs.

See? Why are you choosing to do those things when you could come to this presentation? That just doesn't make sense.

I just don't understand the logic that would lead you to sand your elbows instead of coming to this presentation. Oh well, suit yourself.

Weirdo.

--Dave