[JOB] Developer - Web Applications

Stephen Godfrey sgodfrey at middleburyinteractive.com
Tue Oct 30 11:06:25 MDT 2012

Developer - Web Applications

Overview:
Middlebury Interactive Languages provides software that helps youth to
learn foreign language skills.

We need somone who likes playing table tennis, and who is proficient in
PHP, AJAX, and Linux. Your primary duty would be developing and maintaining
our internal reporting tool, and creating new applications as needed.

We are authorized to give a $1000 signing bonus to a capable, dependable,
and friendly applications developer.

Location:
1682 W 820 N
Provo, Utah (about a 6 minute drive to BYU)

### What we can do for you #########
###############################

Job Benefits:
-Competitive Salary
-Very Generous PTO (18 days to start)
-Health, Dental, and Vision
-Extremely flexible work schedule. (just make sure you get your work done :)
-Gym Membership
-Tuition Assistance
-401k
-Flex Spending
-18 blocks from the bottom ramp of BYU, 24 blocks to the Marriott School,
down the road from UVU (just Google Maps the address).
-Once every other week we have Wii day or movie night. Best of all, lots
and lots of ping pong.

### What we are looking for ########
##############################

Gotta Have's:
-Experience creating web applications with PHP. Preferably with a focus on
object oriented design.
-Strong SQL skills with at least 2 years experience.
-Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information
Technology, etc or equivalent work/technical experience.
-A good personality. We are looking for someone who is approachable, can
work hard, and is fun to be around. No one likes to work with an Orc (even
Saruman the White had his misgivings about using them).

Nice to Have:
-An understanding of software versioning such as Git or Subversion.
-Experience creating custom reports using SQL.
-Experience with PHP frameworks. Have you used Codeigniter? Even better.
-Experience with Linux and Apache.
-Experience working with Ajax.
-Experience with CLI, SSH, and BASH scripting.
-An affinity for Agile development/Extreme Programming. Do you like pair
coding, teamwork, and trusting your co-workers? If so, let's talk.

Please send emails with your resume to 'techjobs at middleburyinteractive.com'

Stephen Godfrey
Database Administrator & Report Writer
Middlebury Interactive Languages