Meeting this Wednesday at 7:30pm -- FreeSWITCH

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 14:05:53 MDT 2012

On 10/12/2012 12:03 AM, Tod Hansmann wrote:
> First, I don't actually understand what you're asking (what's a sipgate
> number, for instance?  Are you trying to receive or make calls, or
> both?).  So, I will answer with some reading to start off:
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Google_Voice

Sure.  Sipgate is simply a SIP provider that gives me a free incoming
(outgoing too if I chose) phone number.  If I used sipgate as a google
voice callback, then I don't have to have my FreeSwitch or asterisk
server logged into google chat all the time and have people try to chat
with it, sine the same account is my main chat account that everyone
uses to talk to me.  That's really the main problem with all existing
google voice solutions that use google chat as the "trunk."

In the days before google talk integration into Asterisk or FreeSWITCH,
scripts were hacked to, upon placing a call would place this channel in
some sort of room/wait state, task google to place the call and call
back to a certain number that the pbx could answer and then connect it
to the original channel.  As hackish as this is, it would work better
for me than the google talk solution, for the reason I mentioned in the
first paragraph.