Meeting this Wednesday at 7:30pm -- FreeSWITCH

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 09:21:30 MDT 2012

On 10/11/2012 02:23 AM, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> I'm sad that I missed it. This time it was family vacation and not
> work, so I'm not so sad ;)
>
> There is a lot of ground to cover in a short period of time. Like Tod,
> I'm also willing to see what I can do to help anyone who might have
> lingering questions. I do love FreeSWITCH ;)

Are there any good mailing lists or online forums where FreeSWITCH tips
are shared and newbie questions answered?  Any local users groups?

Haven't done a thing with FreeSWITCH, but I certainly will in the
future.  I have several lingering questions about FreeSWITCH...  Is it
possible (with the right SIP phones of course) to do what Cisco does
where a phone can show more than one extension (they used to call these
lines in the olden days), and an extension can show up on more than one
phone?  And most importantly can I place a call on hold and pick it up
on any phone where this extension is showing up?  Hope that makes sense.

That's the standard way a Cisco IP phone is set up in many offices.  In
my BYU office, the secretary, my boss, and my phone would all show the
same extensions and we could place a call on hold and pick it up on any
of those phones.  Course my phone defaulted to my own number for
outbound calls.