slightly OT, need some electronic circuit help

Ryan Byrd ryanbyrd at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 00:32:37 MDT 2012

> However it does not specify what sort of op amps to use.  I am unsure
> how to translate the schematic into a working circuit with real parts.
> Also I don't know how to choose the resistor values.

this page: https://sites.google.com/site/cmunsfresearchproject2012/faculty-projects-participants/motion-modelling/project-conc
has a similar "Rotary Position Closed-Loop Servo System" circuit:
https://bd23a926-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/cmunsfresearchproject2012/faculty-projects-participants/motion-modelling/project-conc/8.png?attachauth=ANoY7crg7SEomicrfIKIvVtjzLvG2MjxmViDaXzWqw7r_c0Ok3HHWrApdC4y0cMz44-XBpJikcC8XN4tMjcy2vYqxzCrENbzNt9EzDW9WbV6F0DJ4WG4agtCgYhO5G_j4Pq70Dw8MFCRYPPBXP-e-_qy-OxyskOKGeBe_Kg7MCLcUXCS4xiS2r4iZb5oZgGKBH_ckJ7zmnGTXcLvMmhTks_Lqv7IUU8ns-d3wKKSE3MGiGbO3ijFobfUfZLd07AKv2m2XaZbAwEqcgmTykLmqbjkiGIHpf5BP6c9AheRPgaPUCcaDqgPTvw%3D&attredirects=0

except this time there are resistor values.

the op amp shown is powered by +/- 15 volt which makes me think it's a
generic 741, something like:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062547