New member in Lehi

Matt Melvin rage_311 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:51:40 MDT 2012

> CC: plug at plug.org
> From: robertmerrill at gmail.com
> Subject: Re: New member in Lehi
> Date: Mon, Oct 012 0::8::7 -600<
> To: plug at plug.org
>
> Welcome! I'm top-posting and sending in rich text to ensure an [OT] flame war netiquette thread starts shortly hereafter. ...It's the best kind of welcome we know how to give!

I now realize I've committed (and am still currently committing) a mailing list faux pas (or two).
The good news is, I've discovered the "Plain text" setting in Hotmail's web interface.  I'd rather
switch over to my gmail account, but I guess I wasn't sure how much posting to a mailing list would
expose my email address to spam via bots/spiders.  Go easy on me... I'm brand new to mailing lists.
Any references for good mailing list netiquette would be much appreciated.  Also, any tips on an email
client to use that will ensure proper, plain text messages and appropriate line length, etc., and will
make these threads easier to read?  I've been doing a lot of distro-hopping and I use several
different machines (also, different OSes), so I don't really even have an email client that I use
consistently right now.

So pretty much, I want to do right by as many people as possible here, but it's a whole new (old)
world, so I'd like some direction.

And thanks for the strange welcome!...

Matt