speed up queries with sdd

Robert Merrill robertmerrill at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:35:15 MDT 2012

Yeah, I work for Fusion-io so nobody's shocked ill say this, but there's some evidence for helping your mySql infrastructure via Fusion-io cards. Facebook is running their MySQL farm on Fusion-io cards, and others are taking advantage.

Jeremy Zawodny at Craigslist used Fusion-io to take 14 mySql db servers down to 3 and accidentally improve performance/watt by ~50x

MySql performance blog shows some interesting analysis of RAID vs SSD vs Fusion-io with some arguably good things to consider if price > performance in your setup:

There's others out there, too. See Fusion-io's website for some white papers on speeding up your writes via read-caching and other interesting technical notes.
Also, there's a big community out there running MongoDB over Fusion-io and they might have some lessons to teach as well.