speed up queries with sdd

Lance Grover lance.grover at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:16:09 MDT 2012

I have put a mysql server on a Fusion IO Solid State drive and yes it
really speeds things up, however I have not tried a regular SSD that would
connect to a SAS interface but I would believe it would.  Fusion IO drives
is basically a PCI card, so it is not limited to the SAS speeds.  Also be
aware that regular SSD don't usually write and re-write in an efficient
way, they only have a finite number of writes and if the drive is
constantly written to on one of the specific chips, that chip will die, and
the drive will fail.