What's going on with FLOSS devs these days

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Sun Nov 25 21:31:29 MST 2012

On Nov 23, 2012, at 1:32 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:

> I think if I needed to start a major deskop app these days I'd pick Qt, just because it isn't a
> brand, it's not about a particular look or platform.

I agree with you.

Ironically, Qt is the more cathedral-like toolkit compared to GTK. They've done a good job keeping Qt separatable from KDE, and I think this has a *lot* to do with Trolltech/Nokia/Digia being commercial entities whose primary revenue is not from KDE, but rather customers who use Qt for commercial application development.

--Dave