Another kickstarter project

Alan Young alansyoungiii at
Thu May 24 14:26:02 MDT 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Daniel Fussell <dfussell at> wrote:
> One of the problems Sparkleshare has is with large files (since it is a
> git frontend-ish).  I haven't played with git-annex, but if it has
> solved the large file problem, it might help both projects.
> The other problem I know of with Sparkleshare is the windows client
> isn't quite stable yet.  I'm sure that will be resolved shortly though.

git-annex was written specifically to handle large files that git
can't handle. From the homepage ( ):

"git-annex allows managing files with git, without checking the file
contents into git. While that may seem paradoxical, it is useful when
dealing with files larger than git can currently easily handle,
whether due to limitations in memory, time, or disk space."
Alan Young